My leg was healed enough to run the 5k in Kingston on Sunday (27 min and change, thank you). A bit of an ache afterwards but not the crippling pain that turns lesser men to runny cheese.
But my amigo, Mr. Lean (who's a much better runner than I but was just getting over a chest cold and so ran the 5k with me) had a great idea to outdo the Joggler.
Now, if you haven't heard of the Joggler, I'm not linking to his site. His schtick is not only is he faster than you, not only is he doing sub-3 hour marathons, but he's doing it while JUGGLING.
And when he crosses the finish line, the photographers and TV news cameras mob him.
YOU CAN BARELY RUN TO THE CORNER ATM TO CASH YOUR WELFARE CHEQUE AND THIS GUY'S RUNNING PAST YOU WHILE JUGGLING AND MAKING RAZZBERRY NOISES.
Want to smack him across the head?
YOU CAN'T.
HE'S FASTER THAN YOU.
So if you can't beat him, join him.
Next year, Mr. Lean and I are tying our legs together and doing a few marathons three-legged.
He may juggle but I bet we get a promo deal before he does.
No comments:
Post a Comment