So Hare and I did the Harbourfront run today in Toronto. I did the half (2;21 -- a little slower than last year) and she did the full (3:35).
Do the math. She is much faster than me.
I knew last night I wasn't going to beat last year's time when I went to Tim Hortons to get my pre-race breakfast.
They had no dutchies or apple fritters so I was forced to substitute with timbits and regular donuts. I regret not just going to a different Tims. It's bad mojo not having 3 or 4 dutchies before a big run.
Years ago, we were at an out of town event and staying at a hotel. I forgoed my Tims breakfast because I was cheap. The hotel had included a breakfast with the room so I had that. Meh coffee, a bagel, and some fruit. I had a crappy run that year and felt nausous during part of the run.
Big Rule for Serious Runners: Don't mess with your routine on race day. Don't try anything new.
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Back to the pain
Posted by
Tortis
at
10:11 PM
Labels: half marathon, marathon, Scotiabank 1/2 Marathon, Tim Hortons
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment