So, see if you can follow this....
Awhile ago I went to a chiropodist about the problems I've been having in my feet and legs. My thought was to get some orthotics.
While there, I had a phone conversation with my insurance company and the chiropodist about what was covered and what was not. The insurance company's position was that they're not paying for a visit or orthotics without a doctor's note recommending them.
So I went to see a doctor....
The doctor is claiming that what she needs to submit for Ins. Company approval is highly detailed and what is normally done is one goes to the chiropodist, gets fitted for orthotics and then holds off ordering them. The doctor then copies the notes from the fitting to make the recommendation that one needs them and should see a chiropodist to get fitted.
She acknowledged that this is backwards but there's no other way for her to get the information she needs to make the recommendation.
And this is the short version of my tale. >sigh<
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Canadian Healthcare at Work
Posted by
Tortis
at
8:41 PM
Labels: Canada, chiropodist, feet, healthcare, legs, orthotics
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment